Established in 2006, Q Acoustics has been a success right from the start. Its first products, the '1000 Series' shook up the UK loudspeaker industry, received unprecedented praise from reviewers worldwide and scooped prestigious awards. More awards followed with the release of the upgraded '1000i Series', but not satisfied with merely designing truly remarkable conventional loudspeakers, Q Acoustics' design team introduced 'Q AV' the world's first speakers to feature 'BMR' (Balanced Mode Radiator) drive units, enabling for the first time, the whole family to hear perfect home cinema sound, wherever they sat within the room. They impressed 'The Sunday Times' so much they said:
"Some day all speaker systems will be like this"
Now Q Acoustics introduces the new 2000i and 'Q-TV2'. 2000i is an outstanding range of loudspeakers offering both breathtaking sonic performance and elegant contemporary design, at an astonishingly affordable price. Q-TV2 is an innovative, technically advanced solution which enhances your complete enjoyment of TV, movies and music in your home, without intruding into your living space.
'Q Install' is a new and exciting range of installation loudspeakers, featuring the very latest styling and technology and designed to meet the most demanding requirements of custom installers and their clients.
- All the in-ceiling models boast a 6.5" (165mm) polypropylene cone. In the superior 'Performance' variants this is an injection-moulded, mass damped, Nano Particle based driver cone, for lower distortion and colouration.
- Q Install has used cutting edge industrial and acoustic engineering to create a striking bezel and grille design that clips magnetically into place. Circular and square grille options are available to ensure the perfect match for each customer's décor.
- Shallow depth requirement - all models are less than 84 mm deep.
- Q Install speakers utilize 'UL94' flame retardant materials.
- Adjustable high frequency output level feature in the 'Performance' and 'Weatherproof' models.
- Swivel tweeters allow fine-tuning of the installation acoustics.
- Tweeters are fully 'open' on most models avoiding the use of protective bridges through the integration of Automatic Tweeter dome Recovery technology (ATR) that restores the dome after accidental deformation.
- 'Performance' models feature a larger magnet assembly giving a 30% increase in program power handling capability. In addition precision components are utilized in the crossover filters, together with gold plated connectors.
- Grille geometry has been carefully optimized to ensure the perfect balance between sound and discreet appearance.
- Square and circular magnetic grilles are fully interchangeable without any need to change or remove the loudspeaker.
- All models are moisture proof, with the Weatherproof models being suitable for more extreme use. Stainless steel fixings and corrosion resistant aluminium grilles are utilised together with fully sealed drive units to ensure no water ingress.
- Q Install speakers come carefully packaged with installation template and fitting instructions. All models feature protective driver dust covers and cloth backed grilles to facilitate painting should it be required.
- Many models are available as singles to aid installer convenience and reduce the overhead of excess stock.